Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Week 5....

Of McTavishing...this is the final week of the quilt along challenge posted by Amy...I can say that my stitch of this design has improved greatly...I am however still stitching the quilt...I developed a really bad kink in my back from all the pulling of the quilt, but it is better now...so I am in high hopes of being finished with the last two rows before the week is out...I am linking up with Amy again here...she will be continuing the linky party and the quilt along with different stitches in the coming weeks...hop on over and see what everyone else is working on...
until next time,
Wendy

4 comments:

Patti said...

It's looking very good. Love that yellow/white fabric.

prsd4tim2 said...

I haven't tried McTavishing, but your quilting is lovely. It sometimes amazes me how much the quality of the quilting changes from the beginning to the end, as we progress and grow. I guess for me, every quilt is a practice quilt. LOL

As for the kink in the back, I'm very familiar with that and I've found a couple of things that helped me a lot and I thought I would share. I have an adjustable ergonomic chair, so that I'm not sitting forward so much, like I did in a hard back chair. Made a huge difference. Also I put my sewing machine on a large table that helps support the weight of the quilt, and that perhaps made the most difference of all. I'm not trying to hold my quilt with my left hand while I try to manage stitching with my right hand any more. It improved the quality of the quilting too.

Hope you feel better soon.

Judy S. said...

Love the fabric you're using on the quilt as well as all that stitching, Wendy! Very cute!

Amy @ Amy's FMQ Adventures said...

It's coming along so nicely!

So sorry to hear about the back. Frequent breaks and being mindful of your posture is important. I agree with the above commenter about having a large table to support the weight of the quilt.

Thanks for joining in and linking up. So glad you won a little Glide!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails