Pages

Friday, November 01, 2013

More Feathers...and a Win!

First up I have been practicing drawing more feathers...I am getting more comfortable with the shape of feathers and will be doing another practice run hopefully over the weekend...this has been a fun exercise and I am going to continue to practice until I am comfortable making feathers...I think they are so beautiful on a quilt and they also make great fillers for open spaces...someone said I should mark them for a while on the project I am working on...I had thought about that, but like learning to type without looking at the keys I think I will continue on as I am...I don't want to become dependent on marking my feathers...my goal is to be able to design feathers as I go to suit the quilt I am currently working on if that makes any sense...Second, I won a fat quarter stack from Connecting Threads on Stephanie's blog here she has some wonderful designs herself, so you should go check out her blog....and they arrived on today...21 lovely fat quarters! The name of the bundle is Spring Terrace and can be found here...
I have never used Connecting Threads before, but this stack of yummy goodness is just beautiful...I will definitely be going over there to check out their other lines...now just to figure out what I am going to make with these...keep those needles stitching...
Wendy

6 comments:

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Great win...and you are doing so well with your feathers.

Martha said...

Your feather sketches are awesome!!! I love the one with the square in the center, very cool and I need to try that design!!! Love it.
Congrats on the win, that is an awesome prize!!
Have a lovely weekend and thanks for sharing your feather practice!!

Barb said...

Your feathers look fabulous and love love your win...congrats!

Indigo Blue said...

Hi ,
Looking at your drawings have you ever tried Zentangles?
You can google it in Google Images and it is a way of creating pattern designs. Many have names and it is an ideal way of relaxing. My students love them.

Judy S. said...

Nice feathers, Wendy! Do you machine quilt or do you have one of the huge quilting machines? Knitpicks is a sister store to Connecting Threads; have you checked it out for yarn?

Karen said...

feathers, feathers, flying, jet lag....see the connection!! Lol.... Love how you have stitched them in the previous post. I think it's the previous one....what day is it???
Thank you so much too for wishing my daughter well.....I cried....then I cried a little more......oh well.
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails