Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just Lovely Plants, Fabric and Smoothies

I just love hens and chicks! Mine is doing really well and is full of little chicks! Below is my fabric pull for my new crazy quilt. This is the fabric for my CQJ quilt for 2012. This quilt will have more than 12 blocks, I have been sloooooooow to get them made but am almost finished making the blocks. My muse had taken a vacation and I was left with no creative juices flowing. I am happy to announce that she has come back and is well rested and ready to go forth with this project. This quilt will have a theme that I am excited about, this will be my Marie Antoinette tribute to a queen who I find really fascinating. I will show the blank canvas sometime this week hopefully. I do have one block completed, but I am thinking on using it as a pillow cover....not sure yet.




Next is a great mixed berry & spinach smoothie. You can get the recipe here, I really enjoyed coming up with this one. We are trying to get more healthy around here and add more fruits and veggies to our diet and this is the least painful way of doing so for some of our family (especially the green stuff)lol.

Until next time,
Wendy

3 comments:

Gina E. said...

LOL, you got me there!! Hens and chicks indeed...I was searching for a picture of fabric with hens and chicks, then I remembered another of my American bloggy friends had a photo of this plant and referred to it as hens and chicks. Very cute, but misleading to those of us Down Under - ha ha!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I just love succulents......hens and chicks cute name....

Terry said...

My grandma used to grow hens and chicks! Seeing yours brought back fond memories of her! :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails