Pages

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Fools Gold RR Blocks

Back in October of 2010 Gerry K posted about a "Faux Gold or Fools Gold" RR. She threw the idea out there hoping for a response from people who like her would love to do a RR. The response was good enough to actually have two groups for this RR. I was one of those who responded to her blog post. One of the requirements was to be a member of Crazy Quilting International of which I have been for about seven yrs. now. A great group of ladies in this group which I love doing rr's with. This RR is a DYB or Do Your Own Block in which each person makes six 6x6 inch blocks. Then each person in the group will finish one block and you get to finish the sixth block when it arrives back home. For this rr I chose a color pallet far away from my normal saturated colors. I chose a neutral pallet so that the "faux gold work" would shine forth. 
Using these color choices is a big stretch for me. Way out of my comfort zone! Anyone who knows me or has been in a rr with me will tell you that I love color and use lots of it. I am trying to stretch myself this year outside of my normal comfort zone with my stitching pallet. I chose creams, white, beige and gold for my colors. I felt these would showcase the gold work  really well. I must say I am surprisingly pleased with the way the blocks turned out. It has been rather rainy and cloudy here so the pics are not the best to show the true colors. Below are pics of the blocks that I am using in this rr.


Next pic is of trims and bling that Gerry sent out to all the participants in this rr. Thank you Gerry for being so generous with each of us. Below is what she sent to each of us in the "Faux Gold" goodie bag.....

And these are just a few of the trims and beads that I have since picked up myself for this rr. I have some lace on order as well and will post a pic of that when it comes in.

I am so excited about this rr and cannot wait to see what each person comes up with for my blocks. I did choose a theme for mine. I am calling it "Golden Peacock" and I can hardly wait to see how each lady interprets this on the blocks.
Until next time,
Wendy

3 comments:

Jane said...

This is going to be interesting to see progress. Yours is the second blog I've read this morning participating

Simone Harding said...

Amazing... it is going to look awesome

Cathy said...

Oh, Wendy...glad you chose the peacock theme. I already was thinking I would do something in the peacock theme for you. I'll be the last to stitch so will be anxious to see what everyone else does.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails