Pages

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Dresden Mini

This is the Dresden mini quilt that I made for my swap partner........Originally I was making a really cute bird quilt but had read somewhere that if your swap partner did not comment on the pic they more than likely did not like it.....since my partner did not comment I decided to make a mini Dresden instead.....I really hope that she likes it.....I really liked making it and kept the quilting simple......just stitch in the ditch....I also used a new technique that I used on the backing......you use a light background and darker thread when quilting the front.....this then becomes your quilt label if you like.......I used it for this little quilt and hope my partner likes it as much as I do.....


This is the first little quilt I made.....I just used echo quilting on it.....I like it and it will become a fixture in my studio.....

 Don't forget about the pin cushion swap.....you still have time to sign up.....post below with all the info that you need.....sign ups will close on Monday April 11th...

Happy Stitching,
Wendy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual Wendy your work is gorgeous. I love your bird quilt. Very pretty!!!!


Hugs to you:)

Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Cindy said...

Wow!! Wendy...both of these quilts are absolutely beautiful! You do such great work. I'm impressed!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pretty dresden and I love Bliss.

prsd4tim2 said...

The Dresden is pretty, but the birdie quilt is ADORABLE. Your partner would have been crazy not to like it. Sometimes people just don't comment because they don't see it in the group pool. Sometimes they just move so fast.

Anyway, they are both lovely, and I'm sure your partner will be happy.

Can't wait for the pinnie swap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails