Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

GFG Update


Well it has been a long time since I worked at putting any flowers together for my hexi quilt that I am working on. So to help keep me on track I have joined "One Flower Wednesday" in the hopes of keeping on track with this project. Surely I can make one flower a week and hopefully more. You can go here: http://journeyofaquilter.blogspot.com/p/garden-party.html to check it out and sign up if you like to be a part. Karen has a beautiful blog and her work is wonderful. She also has a list of others who are a part of  One Flower Wednesday. I just signed up on yesterday so I didn't get to post a flower for my garden. So today I decided to go ahead and post the flowers that I have made this past week and next week I will be posting my flower update on Wednesday with everyone else. Below is my box of ready to make hexi's.
Next up is a flower for my sister. She loves all things Irish and I am making her a table runner for Christmas that she can use for St. Patrick's day. These will be appliqued to the center of the runner and I may add some smaller ones in a scattered pattern later on.
Next up is a couple of pink ones for my on personal use. I am thinking maybe a pin keep or cushion. Undecided on which I will use the pink ones for.
All my hexi's are 2" as I don't have the patience at this time for the smaller ones. These I will be making as I take my mom and dad to Dr.'s appts. and such. This way I can utilize the office time for something I enjoy. Next is a couple of thrift store finds that I wanted to post about. The first one is a little pixie deer, isn't she cute!  
The next one caught my eye and I just had to buy it. It is a poodle pulling a cart. I always see the little donkey's with carts, but this is the first time that I have seen a dog. I love the way his fur is done. It is super cute.



I may put candy in his cart for him to pull. I think that would be a cute way to display him.

I have more projects to show at a later date as they cannot be revealed until the owners receive them. I have three PIF going out on Friday along with some other projects.

Happy Stitching,
Wendy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails