Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of Year Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Well here we are at the end of another year. It seems as if time flies the older you become which is ok by me. I debated on whether to write a closing out the year post this year as we have had so many hard days behind us. Then I decided that even though this has been a rough year on us, it has also been a year of miracles for us. And not all days and months have been hard or sorrowful ones for us.  As a family we have had some wonderful times along the way this year and as stated in previous posts we had three miracles in one day! We have been truly blessed even during the hard and trying weeks before and during the Christmas holidays. This year has been one of laughter as well as tears that has caused me to reflect on how blessed I truly am. Even in the midst of tragedy God has still been good to my family.  I love this verse from the Word of God:
Romans 8:28

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

We may not know why we go through a certain situation, but I do know that God is always there directing our steps and giving us comfort when we need it the most.


I want to thank each and every person who has left me wonderful comments not only during our loss of the past week, but all through the year when you post on my work or family issues that I blog about. I read them all and really appreciate them. I try to answer back when possible.

For those of you who commented here or emailed me about our recent loss, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words and the prayers you have sent up for my family. They have helped not only me during this hard time, but my daughter as well.

I do have some good news to share with everyone. My sister was able to bring Mike home before Christmas! Which is such a blessing. He is bed bound and has to have an ambulance to go to Dr. appt. but at least he is home and recovering. It will be another six months before he can put any weight on his hips or feet due to the injuries he sustained in the accident. He grows stronger with each day and only has a couple more drainage tubes from all the surguries to be removed! We thank God daily for what He has done in our family. Mike is upbeat and looking forward to the upcoming new year. Hopefully this next year will see him up and walking by Christmas of 2010. I will continue to update his progress here from time to time.

I have participated in many swaps and rr's this past year and have made many new friends along the way. I am looking forward to the new year and know that all is well and in Gods' hands.

To all my friends in cyber space thank you for your friendship and may this new year be full and prosperous for you. May your quilting and crafting muse be better than ever and challenged in this new year to greater heights. May your homes be blessed and filled with much happiness in the upcoming year.

God bless each of you and have a very Happy New Year!

Wendy

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Wendy, I hope the coming year will be a better one for you and your family. Blessings.

Beena said...

God bless you and yours all through the New Year, Wendy! It has been my pleasure and an inspiration to have met you through blogging this past year. May He always keep you in His grace!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails